Congresswoman Slaughter NY 28 giggles while the Constitution Burns
To uproarious laughter and gleeful applause, Congresswoman Louise M. Slaughter, D-NY, powerful chairwoman of the House Rules Committee, candidly admitted to a packed, post-victory, closed-door gathering of fellow Democrats that, in fact, she had not actually read H.R. 3962, the 1990-page health care bill her party managed to pass tonight in a close vote in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Ms. Slaughter, who represents New York’s 28th Congressional District and voted ‘Aye’ on the legislation, made her startling admission in the middle of a lengthy toast she was giving to those lucky enough to be packed wall-to-wall partying inside H-208, the House Ways and Means Committee conference room, located just yards off the House floor where less than an hour earlier the hard-fought bill had passed 220-215.
On the room’s long conference table was arrayed food and punch for the post-victory revelers, and Ms. Slaughter raised her cup in a crowd-pleasing speech as she savored her party’s victory.
I confess, I didn’t read the bill!
In the middle of that oration, and comfortable amongst those she knew to be friends, she paused for just an instant, almost as if she knew she shouldn’t say that which she was about to say, and then blurted out, “I confess, I didn’t read the bill!”
The crowd of cohorts roared gleefully its appreciation at the apparent frankness of the respected chairlady’s remark.
Isn’t that just…precious? Giggle away Ms. Slaughter in the end the people will have the last laugh.
- Protest the IRS Details
- Protest the IRS, Tuesday, May 21, Noon
- IRS Scandal: Lois Lerner in her own words
- Bob Turner Victory Speech
- Turner Wins! We Rocked This Town!
- Bob Turner: Behind the Front Lines
- Drill Baby Drill by M4GW
- Bob Turner debate video, Before and After!
- Marco Rubio speaking from the heart at the Reagan Library
- Support Bob Turner for Congress and send a message to Obama!
- Don’t You See? Dear Uncle Sam
- Sarah Palin: The Undefeated
- Hold the Line! Rick Santelli on Debt Limit Negotiations
- Economic Freedom & Quality of Life – Bye Bye
- How Do You Like Me Now?
- 54,393 hits